At Artesana our goal is for you to love the skin you’re in. With this in mind, we’ve written this post giving you some hints and tips about facial massage.
If you have ever had a facial, then chances are you will have experienced a facial massage. Nothing beats a massage for relaxation and wellness, right? What you might not have realised is that facial massage has incredible benefits, particularly when performed on a regular basis. The stimulation from facial massage helps to bring oxygen to the skin’s surface, and an increase in oxygen will make your skin look healthier. That’s where your natural glow comes from!
2. Apply a pea-sized amount of eye cream or oil to the ring fingers and rub together.
3. Using your ring fingers dab the cream/oil along the eye socket bone under your eyes. The ring fingers are ideal as they apply just the right amount of pressure.
4. Using very light movements (taking care not to drag the skin) move around the eye socket area, starting at the inner part of the eye and massaging in a small and light circular motion towards the brow bone.
5. You could also use light tapping movements if you don’t want to apply too much pressure.
6. Repeat circling both eyes between 10-20 times for optimum effect. You can apply a slightly firmer pressure around the brow bone and across the bridge of the nose.
7. Massage any excess product into the temples.
So there you have two very simple facial massage techniques which will reduce the appearance of wrinkles and give your skin a firmer, fresher appearance. As with all things beauty, consistency is key, so the more you practise your facial massage skills, the better the results will be.